If you have general questions about your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies, or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at email@example.com.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect the information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method(s), and telephone number. In certain countries, we collect a government identification number for purposes such as billing and tax compliance. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the “Account” section of our website), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer you might use to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the Undique service, such as jobs selections, jobs you have saved, and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels;
- details of your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time, and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including for your network devices.
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section below for more information);
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics on page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners: We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your internet service provider, or other streaming media device providers who make our service available on their device; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the Undique service for distribution to us or provide pre-paid promotions for the Undique service. The information Partners provide us varies depending on the nature of the Partner Services, and may include:
- search queries and commands applicable to Undique that you make through Partner devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information such as your email address or other contact information;
- IP addresses, device IDs or other unique identifiers, as well as associated prepaid promotion, billing, and user interface information, that support user authentication, the Undique service registration experience, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of Undique content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
- Information from other sources: We also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Undique accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographic, interest-based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources such as publicly available posts on social media platforms and information available through public databases associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to manage member referrals, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized job opportunities we think will be of interest to you, determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes), and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the Undique service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the Undique service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of Undique accounts;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Undique, details about new features and content available on Undique, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications, text message, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below).
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and use it. We will normally collect personal information from you where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you), where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, our direct marketing activities in accordance with your preferences), or where we have your consent to do so (for example, for you to participate in certain consumer insights activities like specific surveys and focus groups). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity). For questions about our use of your personal information (including legal bases and transfer mechanisms we rely on), cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure, and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to provide bank account or balance information, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Partners: As described above, you may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them in order to coordinate with them on providing the Undique service to members and providing information about the availability of the Undique service. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- in order to facilitate Partner pre-paid promotions or collection of payment for the Undique service for distribution to us;
- so that content and features available in the Undique service can be suggested to you in the Partner’s user interface.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message, and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
Access to your Account
- “Remember me” function: For ease of access to your account, you can use the “Remember me on this device” function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the Undique service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when your browser revisits the service.
Email communications. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click on the link “unsubscribe” that you can find at the bottom of any email received from Undique. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
Push Notifications. You can choose to receive browser push notifications from Undique. If you agree to receive those notifications and subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your browser’s settings to turn them off.
WhatsApp. If you have enabled WhatsApp messages in connection with your Undique account or profile and no longer wish to receive them, you can use your WhatsApp app settings to block them.
Interest-Based Ads. Interest-based ads are online ads that are tailored to your likely interests based on your use of various apps and websites across the Internet. If you are using a browser, then cookies and web beacons can be used to collect information to help determine your likely interests. If you are using a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device that includes a resettable device identifier, then that identifier can be used to help determine your likely interests. For your choices about interest-based ads from Undique, please see the “Cookies and Internet Advertising” section (below).
Matched Identifier Communications. Some third-party sites and apps allow us to reach our users with online promotions about our job opportunities and services by sending a privacy-protective identifier to the third party. A privacy-protective identifier means we convert the original information (such as an email address) into a value to keep the original information from being revealed. The third-party compares the privacy-protective identifier to identifiers in its database and there will be a match only if you have used the same identifier (such as an email address) with Undique and the third party. If there is a match, Undique can then choose whether or not to send a given promotional communication to you on that third party site or app, and can optimize and better measure the effectiveness of online advertising.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. You can request such modifications or cancellation of your information by writing to email@example.com at any time.
For other requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please allow us some days to respond to you, we will answer to your query as soon as possible.
You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. We have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, and you can withdraw your consent at any time; withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Our main establishment within the European Union is in Malta.
We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Undique service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory, or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with the law. Your continued use of the Undique service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgment and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Undique service.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable device identifiers
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with those cookies.
If you access the Undique website on a mobile device, tablet, or other devices, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.
Why does Undique use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our services by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with Undique. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter the information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through, and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Undique service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. The deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers: These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and for analytics and optimization purposes. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
In connection with our use of these technologies, some of the websites and apps where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., steps completed in sign-up and site visit or app open/install information).
Common uses of this type of information are to judge the effectiveness of and optimize ad campaigns, by allowing Advertising Partners to see when someone who saw an ad later signed up for our service. Another common use is to make sure we do not serve ads trying to get individuals to sign up for the Undique service if they are already an Undique user.
Undique uses contractual and technical measures designed to prevent Advertising Partners from accessing information regarding specific URLs you land on our website.
How can I exercise choice regarding these technologies?
To exercise choice regarding cookies
You may decide to accept or revoke the cookie consent when accessing Undique website. If you have accepted to receive cookies from Undique and you want to change this, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
To exercise choice regarding resettable device identifiers
To opt-out of interest-based ads from Undique in connection with a resettable device identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or other devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings). You may still see Undique ads on your device, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
To exercise choice using self-regulatory program resources
Undique supports the following self-regulatory programs, which provide additional privacy choices for interest-based advertising:
- In the US: Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
- In Europe: European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)
- In Canada: AdChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) / Choix de Pub: l’Alliance de la publicité numérique du Canada (DAAC)
To exercise choice regarding other technologies
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
Last Updated: 16, October 2020